For optimum temperature stability, the fluid’s viscosity should be 50 centistokes (cSt) or less at its lowest operating temperature. This permits good fluid circulation and minimizes heating from the pump.
For temperatures from 10°C to 90°C, distilled water is recommended.
For temperatures below 10°C, a mixture of laboratory grade ethylene glycol and water should be used. Do not use deionized water.
Propylene glycol fluid is sold separately from the chiller manufacturer, AMAZON, Google Shopping Feed or even at automotive supply stores.
PolyScience offers a variety of chiller fluids available here: https://polyscience.com/fluids-and-accessories?category=All&type=BATH+FLUIDS
- Compliant with the European Directive 2002/95/EC and its latest amendments on Restrictions on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and below the given limits of hazardous substances.
- ETL Intertek (60 Hz units)
- UL 61010-1 / CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- UL 61010A-2-010 / CSA C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:04
- UL 61010A-2-051 / CSA C22.2 No. 61010-2-051:04
- EC Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- EC Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 2004/108/EC
- IEC 61010-1-2001 / IEC 61010-2-2001 / IEC 61326:2005 / EN 61326 : 2006
- Inlet and outlet ports are female ¼ inch NPT
- ½ inch (13 mm) ID tubing may also be slid over these connections
- Nylon barbed tubing adapter fittings supplied. Intended for applications from -40° to 93°C. For applications above 93°C, brass, stainless steel, or Teflon® fittings are recommended.
- ¼ inch NPT to M16 stainless steel male adapter fittings are provided with all 50Hz models.
Two USB ports (A and B) USB A is intended for use with a flash drive and allows you to easily log temperature data. USB B allows you to remotely monitor and control your Circulator using a computer.
Ethernet & RS232 / RS485 Serial Communication
An Ethernet port is provided on the back of the Temperature Controller to enable you to connect to a computer network.