What is a Nutsche?
Nutsche comes from the German root words “sucking bottle” or “to suck.” Nutsche filters were developed to utilize vacuum, so that filtration of particularly nasty solvents, waste, etc. Can be done where wastes and solids could be effectively discharged. This benchop system is scale-able and ideal reactions, crystallization, isolate reactions.
- 5L Jacketed Nutsche Filter from Asahi Glass with hook-on protective shield
- 5 each PTFE Membrane filters, LAMINATED, 0.45 MICRON, 300X300mm
- Heidolph Precision 200 for stirring/agitation in both directions
- Temperature Control by Huber’s Ministat 230 Circulating Bath
- All Huber Connection Hardware and Heat Transfer Fluid
- Cascade Sciences MAXTRAP50 Cold Trap -50°C with Carboy on Mobile Stand
- Agilent IDP3 Dry Scroll Vacuum Pump – Clean, Quiet and Oil Free
- All Vacuum Connection Hardware
- On-Site Installation and Training
Unique Glass Jacketed Reactor – Positive & Negative Pressure
Superior glass from Asahi allows for the flexibility of both POSITIVE and NEGATIVE (vacuum) reactions, with a temperature range of -90°C to +200°C (-130ºF to 392ºF) and a huge temperature delta of 110°C to prevent breakage.
Powerful Stirring and Agitation by Heidolph
The agitator/stirring mechanism is Heidolph’s Precision 200 Overhead Stirring assembly. The agitator moves in axes both parallel and perpendicular to the stir shaft. The Agitator helps maintain a uniform product slurry during filtration
After washing/filtering, the residual material can be removed by lowering and rotating the agitator to bring all the residual material towards the discharge port.
Vacuum System with Cold Trap & Carboy for Pentane Reclamation
The Agilent IDP3 clean, quiet, oil-free dry scroll pump, -50°C MAXTRAP and a carboy all work to reclaim the Pentane used in crystallization processes. The vacuum/cold trap system is integrated on a steel mobile cart.