Use this filtration setup as part of the winterization process – prepping concentrated solutions for distillation. A good rule of thumb is to expect filtration to remove approximately 20% of the solution due to removal of waxes and fats.
Complete System Includes:
- 4 Liter (4000ml) Receiving Flask. 40/35 neck size. 15” high
- 1 Liter (1000ml) Top Funnel with 250 to 750 ml measure level callouts
- 90mm Glass Support Base. 40/35 Neck Size. 3” dia built-in fritted glass filter. ¼” glass barbed vacuum connection
- Aluminum clamp to secure fritted glass filter to receiving flask
- Filter Paper Media, 90mm diameter: 200 each
- SLOW – Grade 5 Filter Paper Discs. 5 Micron, 94 s/100ml/sq inch flow rate. Box of 100
- FAST – Grade 1 Filter Paper Discs. 150s/100ml/sq inch flow rate. Box of 100
- Filtration Vacuum Pump – Welch Model 2564B-01
- Vacuum Rated Tubing – 10’ of 3/8″ID Braided PVC Hose
- 2 Hose Clamps
Welch 2546B-01 Features
- Includes Vacuum and Pressure Regulators and Gauges – simple to adjust and monitor vacuum level and delivery pressure.
- Muffler quiets pump and filters discharge air
- Float valve offers Protection from accidental liquid ingress
- 1 Year Warranty
- 110V -120V / 1ph power required
- Certified, Expert Welch Rebuild/Maintenance from Cascade
Have questions? Call 503-847-9047.
Call Cascade’s Experts by dialing 503-847-9047 extension #1.