Model CDO-28 – A powerful, large capacity forced air laboratory oven
Cascade’s CDO-28 is purpose-built for large-scale, industrial decarboxylation of material. This cost-effective laboratory drying oven uses heated air to remove unwanted compounds from products that are not temperature sensitive. Our ovens feature horizontal airflow that enables more consistent distribution of air. They are designed to have uniform temperatures and airflow across the shelf space from right to left.
The CDO-28 includes a built-in moisture sensor and fine micron mesh bags for drying or decarboxylating powders or ground material.
- Industrial scale forced-air convection drying
- Decarboxylation processes
- Drying organic material. Drier material will yield better results than processing wet material. Removing as much moisture as possible pre-processing will save time in in the post process of vacuum purge and winterization.
- Lab glassware dryer
Model CDO-28 Features
- Horizontal Airflow. The airflow moves uniformity across the shelf space from right to left
- Digital set-point control, timer and overtemp failsafe protection
- Mositure sensor displays relative humidity / moisture levels during process
- Stainless steel interior / Food lab-grade construction
- Includes 6 sliding, extend and stay in place shelves for ease of loading. Stainless Steel.
- Includes 6 temp-rated, fine micron mesh bags for easy loading & uniform drying of messy powders, ground up or turbulent materials
- Fast heat-up: 24 Minutes to 300°F / Uniformity: +/- 3.5°F
- Stainless steel interior / Food lab grade construction
- Triple wall construction meets CE, UL and TUV requirements to keep work-spaces cool.
- Quality Made in Oregon USA
- 1 Year Warranty
The Cascade Difference
Basic forced-air lab ovens are mass-produced and sold by many large scale laboratory equipment distributors. But there are key differences between Cascade and other less costly, often imported lab ovens:
Independent Overtemp Failsafe Protection
The Cascade Sciences CDO-28 is equipped with a heating cutoff system that will automatically stop power to the heaters when the overtemp setting is tripped. This protection system will provide peace of mind for overnight or unattended drying processing.
NRTL Certification. No Extra cost.
The CDO-28 Oven comes certified by the Nationally Recognized Test Lab, TUV. This certification is a requirement by many municipalities.
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
- +UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
- UL 61010-1:2012-05
- UL 61010-2-010:2015
- EN 61010-1:2010
- EN 61010-2-010:2014
Rigorous Quality Assurance in an ISO Certified, USA Manufacturing Facility
Cascade Sciences manufactures our ovens in Oregon, USA. We are proud of our ISO 9001 Certification/Accreditation. Each oven completes a series of quality assurance procedures before shipment:
- Electrical & mechanical safety is thoroughly tested in compliance with TUV requirements
- Functional testing verifies user settable items consistent with most lab protocols/usage models
- Temperature verification includes calibration & temp chamber uniformity following ASTM standards
- Units are cleaned and packed in ISTA tested, certified packaging materials
Have questions? Call 503-847-9047 for laboratory drying expertise.
Contact us for expert direction on selecting your vacuum oven packages by dialing extension #1.
Free Shipping Note: When ordering online shipping is free! The CDO-28 Dry & Decarboxylation Oven is shipped as heavy freight. Delivery to residences or no-forklift locations will add $120 for liftgate service. Cascade will contact you to arrange your specific delivery requirements.
View Product Manual
View CDO Drying Oven Specifications
View NRTL Certification
28 Cubic Ft. / 793 Cubic Liters
31.5″W x 60.5″H x 26″D
800mm x 1,537mm x 661mm
43”W x 85.5”H x 34.3”D
1,092mm x 2,171mm x 871mm
36°F above room temp to 350°F
Temp Stability: +/-3.5°F
TEMP RECOVERY @ 240°F
Door Open 30 Seconds:
3 min to stablize
Door Open 60 Seconds:
5 min to stabilize
230V – 240V / 1ph / 26AMP
Requires 30 AMP Circuit
Oven Must Be Hardwired By Electrician
Oven will also run on 208V
LINEAR SHELF SPACE AIRFLOW
17.1 cubic ft per min
Adjustable. Top 2.75” Dia
Adjustable. Top 2.75” Dia
Comes with 6 each. Height adjustable.
Fits 16 max – buy more here
Surface Area: 31”W x 23”D
Weight Capacity: 75 lbs
Comes with 6 Temp Rated Mesh Bags
Fits 10 max – buy more here
Dimensions: 27.5″W x 21.5″D
565 lbs / 256 Kg
Shipping Weight: 640 lbs / 290 Kg
NRTL TUV #U8 170464972 077
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
+ UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
Questions? Call 503-847-9075 x1.