Complete System Includes:
- Cascade’s COLDWELL 304 Stainless Steel Trap – patent pending baffle system.
- 3 Quart Capacity (2839 mliters)
- Viton Gasket
- Labconco -105°C Refrigerated Base
- Green CFC / HFC Free Refrigerants
- KF-25 Inlet/Outlet, Connection Line & Hardware
- Power Cord
- 3mm Neoprene Insulator Cap
- Requires 800ml (~ 3.5 cups) of a transfer fluid such as ethanol. Not Included. Cascade recommends: ethanol, glycol, cryo-cool fluids
- Quality Made in USA
- 1 Year Warranty
Included Connection: 4′ of 1″ Diameter Vacuum Tubing with KF-25 Flanges on each side. KF-25 clamps, centering rings for the connection tube
At very cold temperatures, solvents and even oxygen can re-condense back into liquid. This is potentially explosive. Liquid oxygen is a light blue color and can condense into a cold trap if a pump has sucked air through the trap when the trap is very cold. Always follow your standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
Don’t Stop: Keep Processing while trap is being reclaimed, cleaned, refreshed
Cold traps can become full or the captured material freezes and blocks flow. For high moisture, outgassing, 24 hour processing/vacuum purging consider adding a second, spare COLDWELL trap.
The secondary COLDWELL can be dropped into place so processing continues while the full trap is cleaned, defrosted.
Quick Start Up Tips:
- Remove shipping foam from reservoir bottom prior to use
- Fill reservoir with 800ml (+/-3.5 cups) ethanol to marked line
- Monitor ethanol levels inside reservoir
- Allow at least 30 mins for trap to cool
- Keep side vents clear. Allow at least 4″ for airflow
- Monitor interior of stainless trap for clogging
- Short tube – attach to vacuum pump
- Tall tube – attach to vacuum oven