- Octagonal shape and fluted profile increases the surface area of the stirrer and helps to create increased turbulence
- Internal magnet made from samarium cobalt creates stronger magnetic attraction, perfect for viscous solutions and/or high speed stirring
- Built-in pivot ring helps to prevent friction and chattering
- FDA grade Teflon® PTFE coating makes it ideal for stirring corrosive chemicals and helps to reduce friction and wear while stirring
- Autoclavable for clean applications
Rare Earth Magnet Ideal For
- Viscous Applications
- High Speed Stirring
- Tolerating Chemicals
- Clean Applications
What is a “Rare Earth” Magnet?
The term “rare-earth” gets its namesake from the periodic table of the elements. A rare-earth metal (REM) is one of the fifteen lanthanides listed on the periodic table. Rare-earth elements are not considered scarce on our planet.
Rare-earth magnets differ from ceramic magnets in strength and resilience. There are two types of rare-earth magnets: samarium cobalt (SmCo) and neodymium-iron-boron (NdFeB). Cascade offers the SmCo version of the rare-earth magnet and these powerful magnets are generally in stock.